Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Slacking and Reading

Haven't had much to write on the last week, busy at work and in general slacking when not working.

So what have I been doing gamewise?

Mostly reading books and most these books have little to do with the type of campaign I will be running but let me give a list of my current reads:




Monster Hunters International by Larry Correia
A fun read so far and it takes kind of a different approach to the usual in regards to a wide variety of monsters. Tosses in a bit of a love story of course but nothing too sappy, plenty of humor and of course plenty of action. There is rumor of a movie based on it but I am sure it will be butchered compared to the book (how hipster of me). If you haven't read it then I recommend it.


Dies The Fire by S.M. Stirling
So having not done any real research into this series I instead picked it up on the recommendation of a friend and I am enjoying it so far. It really appeals to my survivalist nature and my post apocalyptic fetish. It does seem a bit familiar in the story to the TV series Revolution, although I am only at the fourth chapter or so and I have more hope for this than the TV series delivered. Not sure if the two are related but I will probably look that up when I remember to. This is the first book in the "Emberverse" series.



Bioshock Rapture by John Shirley
As a fan of the Bioshock universe and how it lightly touches into steampunk/dieselpunk I picked this up and have been enjoying it considerably. Gives a lot more background into the world and the events leading up to where the game begins. Well written and easy to read. Another book I am only about a quarter of the way into but always look forward to sitting down with it.

Well that's it for now, hoping to have some more interesting thoughts soon.

~John~

No comments:

Post a Comment